This morning on Good Morning America, the official Dancing With The Stars lineup was revealed. The latest selection of celebrities will compete against one another for the highly sought-after mirror ball trophy in the hit series’ 17th season which debuts in just two weeks.
While there had already been rumors of Snooki, Jack Osbourne, and a few others joining the show, fans finally know for sure who will soon be showing off their moves every week on ABC.
Here’s the official lineup:
- Actress Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus
- NFL star Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
- Actress Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
- Reality star Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke.
- Saved By the Bell alum Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy
- Jersey Shore star and new mom Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Sasha Farber
- Singer Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
- Former Glee star Amber Riley and Derek Hough
- Science Guy Bill Nye and Tyne Stecklein
- Comedian Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
- Pretty Little Liars star Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
- Former High School Musical star Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
Shortly after the announcement aired, contestant Valerie Harper, 74, spoke with People Magazine about her choice to do the show, despite suffering from a very rare and lethal form of brain cancer known as leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.
“I feel much better and my brain scans are looking better too,” Valerie revealed. “The doctors tell me there’s less evidence of cancer, which is very unusual. However, they both say it’s not a case of if, but when. And I can live with that.”
“When they asked, I thought, ‘Why would I say no?’” Valerie continued. “When life asks you to dance, you just have to dance.”
Below is a clip of this morning’s Good Morning America announcement:
Dancing With The Stars season 17 begins airing on September 16.